When you issue an invoice to a customer there are certain things you must include on them (especially if you are VAT registered) and some that are best practice.
The checklist below should help ensure you don’t miss anything
- Your company information: full name, address, email & telephone number
- Client company information: full name, address, email & telephone number
- Invoice number, date & due date
- Itemised breakdown of goods or services, amount being charged, VAT amount (if applicable) & total due
- If VAT registered: VAT registration number
- Bank details
- Your terms & conditions, if not already communicated & agreed
We recommend using accounting software, this will prompt you to include all these things automatically.
We are Xero Silver Certified Partners and can help you set up your invoice templates and accounting software, get in touch with us for more details.